Monday, December 30, 2013

It's All in the Pudding...Just Ask My Wife

Kristen... damn, she is beautiful
Thanksgiving of 2012 was the first major holiday that Kristen and I spent together. We had been seeing each other for a little over a month, and I already knew I was crazy about her. I already knew that this was the girl that I would ask to marry me. So, I ended up making an extremely complicated Thanksgiving dinner in my tiny apartment just to impress her. All of it was made from scratch.

There was turkey, mashed potatoes, mashed sweet potatoes, asparagus, carrots, corn, cornbread, stuffing, pumpkin pie, and apple sauce. There was more food than anyone could ever eat; basically, i went completely overboard. But, she loved it! And to this day, there is still one food that she always talks about: the banana pudding.

This banana pudding is one of the best desert recipes that I have ever come across. It is great to impress your wife, girlfriend, boyfriend, or husband. And even better, it can be a pretty healthy desert if you stick to the appropriate ingredients.

Here it is:

1 8 ounce package of cream cheese (I use the reduced fat Philadelphia cream cheese)

1 14 oz sweetened condensed can of milk (fat free version is the best)

5 oz worth of pudding mix (I like to stick to vanilla, but there are cheesecake, lemon, etc. versions)

3 cups of cold milk

1 teaspoon of vanilla extract

1 8 oz container of whipped topping (fat free version is just as good)

4 thinly sliced bananas

1 package of vanilla wafers

To make it, all you have to do is line the bottom of the bowl with sliced bananas. Then, mix all of the wet ingredients thoroughly and pour the pudding over the bananas. Finally, put the cookies on top.

Last Weekend

Ever since I made this pudding for Thanksgiving, Kristen had been begging me to make it again. Last weekend, I brought it back for a  date night. We watched Before Sunset (pretty good for a romantic movie), I made Chili for us, and we capped it off with the Banana pudding again. Kristen went wild, and I reminded her of why she married me ;)

1 comment: